Via the Cloakroom:
While a wide majority of Americans look at Congress with disdain, sometimes it’s important to look at the context. Our lawmakers were elected by voters after all, who according to a new Public Policy Polling survey released this week, don’t always see the world very clearly.
A sampling of the more alarming results:
- 6% of voters believe Osama bin Laden is still alive.
- 21% of voters say a UFO crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 and the federal government covered it up.
- 28% of voters believe secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government, or New World Order.
- 28% of voters believe Saddam Hussein was involved in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- 7% of voters think the Apollo moon landing was faked.
- 13% of voters think President Obama is the anti-Christ.
- 14% of voters say the CIA was instrumental in creating the crack cocaine epidemic in the inner cities in the 1980’s.
- 9% of voters think the government adds fluoride to our water supply for sinister reasons.
- 51% of voters say a larger conspiracy was at work in John F. Kennedy's assassination, while just 25% say Lee Harvery Oswald acted alone.
- 15% of voters say the government or the media adds mind-controlling technology to TV broadcast signals.
- 5% believe exhaust seen in the sky behind airplanes is actually chemicals sprayed by the government for sinister reasons.
- 15% of voters think the medical industry and the pharmaceutical industry “invent” new diseases to make money.
- 11% of voters believe the US government allowed 9/11 to happen.
So the next time you scoff at something dumb said by a lawmaker on Capitol Hill, keep in mind how they got there.